[registrars]

RE: [registrars] EPP Informed Consent

At 07:46 PM 12/3/02 -0500, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>Currently the auth codes are assigned by the registrar, not the registry, at
>least in .info, but I believe this is the same in .biz as well.

Dear Michael:  What makes you think so?  We have never assigned them with
one exception.  In that case, there was one registrant who wanted to
transfer five .info domains.  I tried to make it easy for him by making
them the same.  The Afilias system balked after the second change so I had
to use the Afilias assigned authinfo for the remaining five.

Mike, I don't think you are sitting in the customer support seat all day as
many of us are.  You should not make broad, sweeping statements about
things you know only from hearsay.

*ALL* of the .info and .biz domains that PSI-Japan has and the .info that
PSI-USA has were assigned by the registrY, not the registraR.

Regards, BobC

"I've sawed this board off three times, and it's *still* too short".

"Small choice between rotten apples."  Dr. U.B. Bray