[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Language Compromise

Hello Rob,

> Using the country code won't work.  In Canada for example, we have 2
> official languages, English and French. We definitely have
> citizens that
> speak only one of the 2 official languages, as well as many
> other citizens
> that don't speak either.

A good example.  Not all countries or even cities within countries are
homogeneous with respect to language.

Note if we take Melbourne, Australia as an example, if I have the exact
address it is possible to identify languages such as Greek, Italian,
English, Chinese, Vietnamese, Hebrew etc. with a higher degree of certainty
:-)
Those speaking the same language often choose to live close together.  The
different waves of immigration to Australia have resulted in parts of the
city with a common cultural interest.  There are some towns in Australia
where German is the most spoken language.  Makes for great dining
experiences!

Regards,
Bruce