[registrars]

RE: [registrars] .US Transfer Proposal

At 05:33 PM 12/2/02 +1100, Bruce Tonkin wrote:
>In the ".au" environment, we require a two part process:
>(1) Obtain the correct auth-info code to verify the identity of the
>registrant
>(2) Require the registrant to agree to a standard authorisation form that
>includes explicit agreement to the transfer
>
>Without (2), registrants can be easily misled into providing the auth-info
>code.

Dear Bruce:  I would add that the registrant be advised that the
nameservers can be changed without changing registrars.

I did not note any place that pointed out the importance of having proof of
the identity of the person making the request.  Perhaps that was too obvious.

Regards, BobC

"It doesn't do any good to run
if you don't start on time!"

"A stitch in time saves nine."