[registrars]

RE: [registrars] SIMPLE QUESTIONS

At 06:50 PM 11/30/02 -0500, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>Part of any true ICANN consensus process should be the ability to
>withstand peer review, i.e. what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Dear Michael:  The "signature line" is a bit of wisdom from my old boss,
Dr. Bray.  He was probably the best industrial chemist I have ever known,
no the best *I* have ever known.

There is no substitute for the insights which come from the guy at the lab
bench, or, in this case, the keyboard.  We can sit around and count angels
on the heads of pins, but the input from working technologists is
essential.  You are right, peer review if it comes from those actively
working the field, is essential.

On occasion, when I made an assertion, Doc Bray would come out in the lab
and say, "Well, let's have a meeting of the Skeptics Committee."  He'd take
a clean beaker and graduated cylinder off my rack and start to experiment.
It was a great learning experience for me.

Happy Thanksgiving and personal regards, BobC

"One test is worth three expert opinions!"
U.B. Bray

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing."
Albert Einstein