[registrars]

[registrars] Pinch me im dreaming

I just got a survey mail from verisign with this

============
14. VeriSign GRS is exploring making some changes to the existing
AutoRenew policy. The new AutoRenew policy would work as follows:

On the anniversary date of the domain name:

1. VeriSign GRS would NOT autorenew the domain name. Rather, the domain
name expiration date and status would remain unchanged.
2. No funds would be debited from the registrars account.
3. The 45 day AutoRenew grace period would begin.

During the 45 day AutoRenew grace period, the following actions could
occur:
1. To keep the domain name, the Registrar would have to Explicitly Renew
the domain name.
2. To delete a domain name, the registrar would use the RRP Delete
command.
3. If a registrar did nothing, VeriSign GRS would automatically delete
the domain name at the end of the 45 day AutoRenew grace period.

Are you in favor of the this proposed policy change?

This is what we have been demanding all along. finally it seems someone
heard us.

Now only if they credited us for excess years in a delete operation - we
would be able to reduce our fraud losses. It is a pretty simple process.
And I think legally makes sense. If I delete a domain that I have paid
for 10 years - I should get 9 years as refund - ideally speaking. Most
importantly this allows fraud losses to be reduced greatly.

bhavin