[registrars]

Re: [registrars] ORG Redelegation

                       -rwr

> I shouldn't have, but I assumed that other registrars
> (who had more time than I did) had already tried in vain
> to prevent something like this from happening.

Sometimes one can only get what they can take. I'd substantially agree with
Bhavin that decreasing the scope of Verisign's monopoly in the namespace
substantially outweighs the costs and troubles that the dotORG redelegation
will require. I'm not a fan of a thick registry either, but its the flavor
of the month and until there are reasonable alternatives, I fear that we're
stuck with it.

The important thing is to recognize that alternatives can be developed and
should receive our support when they happen along (or more productively,
registrars should start work now to ensure that these alternatives to happen
along.)

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog