[registrars]

RE: [registrars] ORG Redelegation

I don't really agree to the fullest extent with you guys. I agree its
extra work, and the fact that we have to give our data to a thick
registry sux, but that is not the point here. The point is competition.
Icann was established primarily to ensure that DNS is not the sole
propreitory business of a single monopoly organisation. By giving a
chance to allow other people to operate registrars and registries they
are working towards a goal where dns is not the sole proreity of a
single organisation or a single country for that matter.

I agree I would have desired greater progress considering most
registrars/registries are still concentrated in the US. However it is
progress nevertheless.

Incidentally you are focussing on the negative aspects primarily. Since
the beginning of my membership on this list - majority of the rants have
been primarily about how verisign can take advantage of its position of
being both the registry and the registrar. I for one am ALL FOR ANY
steps that ensures that verisign does not play both the roles, thus
allowing equal access to all registrars. This therefore for me is a
positive step despite the extra work and a couple of other issues

bhavin