[registrars]

RE: [registrars] [Ietf-not43] Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-crisp-requirements-01.txt (fwd)

Rick,

What are your personal comments to this draft?

My comments from having followed CRISP from the sideline:

 1. As an individual, I am in particular concerned with privacy issues,
therefore welcoming the provisioning of authentication, access levels, and
distinction of priveledged/non-priveledged data. (3.1.4 - 3.1.9)

I do worry about the ability of law enforcement to gain unlimited access to
priveledged records through authentication distribution.
I am, therefore, happy to see that authentication distribution is optional,
even though I know that this is a policy issue which will be pushed on to
DOC/ICANN/Registry operator for a descision.

 2. As a registrar, I welcome standards and schemas for expressing data
elements. (3.1.3)

 3. Do I support CRISP as detailed in this draft? Yes.

 4. Do I think that the bulk of registrars are ready to implement anything
close to the requirements of CRISP? No, not at all.

Regards,
Nikolaj

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-midcom-protocol-eval-05.txt

	Last call thoughts on requirements and discussion of
evaluation methodology appreciated,
				regards,
					Ted Hardie