[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Credit Card Update

One thing you must remember is that not all credit cards will return a
Y/N on CVV2.  Sometimes they will return a not supported by the credit
card company.  This is where your problem will come in.  For example
almost all of the foreign credit card companies return a not supported
on CVV2.  But some US credit cards also return a not supported, like
PayPal's credit card, which is through First USA/Bank One.  But a First
USA/Bank One credit card will return a valid CVV2 number.

So you can't ban everybody or anybody who returns a not supported on
CVV2.

This also goes for AVS, since AVS only works for credit cards issued in
the US.  Visa does have something called IAVS, but good luck finding
somebody who offers it.

So AVS and CVV2 can help you some, but by no means will it stop credit
card fraud.

Donny