[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Reliable InterRegistrar Data Transfer

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 12:54:16PM -0700, Rick Wesson took time to write:
> yes, its simular but we want to discuss something that is deployable now,
> and is not public. Its requirements are that it work not that its a
> standard protocol that works. Issue can be handled by contract rather than
> by policy at the protocol level.

As far as I understand there will be no contractual requirement for
Registrars to participate in this exchange of data related to
transfers[1]. Thus, every Registrar will still have to take into account
whois as it is today (using software such as the one from DirectI or
ours to parse data) to do transfers from Registrars not
participating.

whatsoever to make their whois easier to parse, in fear of outgoing
transfers. I am going to bet that these Registrars will not
participate, thus will make life more complicated for everyone.

This is my main concern in starting a work believed to be urgent.

But I still believe that whatever work we do should be given as input
to the CRISP WG as it may be worthwile.

I will not be able to participate in the phone call about this but
hope that it will be spoken about at Amsterdam. Other than that, I
am interested to participate on the technical side of this problem.

Patrick.

[1] maybe it could be a part of the CoC, but even in that case there
are no obligation for any Registrar to abide by it.