[registrars]

[registrars] voting software requirements

Its alot easyer to evaluate the voting software if we first decide what
the requirements are.

Here is the list that I'm looking for.

   o allow users to authenticate/login
   o web portal
   o email a plus but not required
   o balots description format, xml prefered
   o balots allow for options, multiple selections, and comments.
   o public voting, no secrets (pre the by-laws of the constituency)
   o vote tally and graphic display of results
   o defined opening and closing of balots
   o free, low cost, no per seat pricing.

Any other requirements would be greatly appreciated.

The can of worms we are opening here is a process one... whom gets to
develop the balots?

-rick