From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Michael D. Palage
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 11:49 AM
To: registrars@dnso.org
Subject: [registrars] Amsterdam Update

Hello All:

Here is an update concerning the registrar meeting at the Amsterdam Marriott
later this month. The meeting is scheduled to begin Friday evening (4-7 PM)
September 20th with various presentations by the sponsors. There will be
refreshments at this event, but no teleconference facilities. Those
materials presented by the sponsors will be made available online at the
registrar website.

The September 21st meeting is schedule to run all day. Refreshments and
teleconference facilities will be available for both the morning and
afternoon sessions. The current topics for discussion include: various whois
issues (task force & recent ICANN announcements); .eu update; .org
redelegation update; ICANN DNSO Board election; ICANN reform &
restructuring; transfers update; Registrar Code of Conduct; and potential
by-law revisions.

I am also working with some registrars in connection with having someone
from the EC attend the meeting to give an update on the .EU top-level
domain.

I am in discussion with the teleconference providers and we should have dial
in numbers available shortly. Based upon the feedback that I have received
only a handful of registrars will be participating remotely and mostly from
North America. Currently I am arranging for a North American dial-in number
only unless I hear otherwise. I need to finalize the number and location of
the dial ports, therefore if you plan to participate remotely, please let me
know ASAP.

Based upon the current budget, we appear to have funds available for either
a Saturday lunch or a Saturday evening Jazz cruise. What would the physical
attendees prefer?

The hotel will hold a block a rooms available for the next several days at a
rate of 255 euros per night including American buffet breakfast, VAT and
service. When making/confirming reservations please refer to the ICANN
Registrar Conference, reservation code ASO. The telephone number for the
hotel is +31 (0)20-607-55-55.

The current list of attendees are:

ActiveISP
Ascio