[registrars]

Re: [registrars] FW: [nc-transfer] Drafting Team Status Update

Hallo,

I have a problem with that document, well probably 2 :

1.) the general wording in some Para. only leads to additional work
for lawyers.
just one Example:

3 r) IRDX transactions SHOULD be denied by the Losing
Registrar if the Gaining Registrar has not implemented the
minimum standards and practices contemplated by this
document or the relevant Registry Agreement

for me its not clear what are the minimum standards. Are they
somewhere marked in blue? or is it for everybody to choose
"his" minimum standards ?

2.) According the consumer-protecting law in germany the "entity
with apparent authority" has to notify the losing registrar of her/his
decision, which sounds reasonable ( he/she has a contract with the
losing registrar and has to give notice ), I personally had to learn that
in the last month and to change my view and our process.

Obviously that is contrary to the statement:
1 b) Losing Registrars would authorize the transfer of such
domain names in the absence of confirmation to the Losing
Registrar by the Registered Name holder or an individual with
the apparent authority to legally bind the Registered Name
holder.

 I already had problems with registrants, being in vacation or for
whatever reason not answered our mail (in our previous version)
and had the domains transferred.

Conclusion:
3 h) IRDX processes MUST maintain minimum standards of
consumer protection, while taking into account the legal,
linguistic and cultural differences of the domain name
registration market, registrars, and Registered Name holders.

with other words : everybody is entitled to not care about that
document.

siegfried