[registrars]

RE: [registrars] FW: [nc-transfer] Drafting Team Status Update

Paul,

It sounds like what you're talking about is enforcement. I agree, that's
another issue that needs to be addressed. But from a policy stand point, if
enforcement isn't there what difference does any of this make?

I don't think we even have an inkling of the attempted fraud that really
takes place. Let me amend that, I think loosing registrars who are not
requiring approval of the registrant before ACKing a transfer may not have
an inkling of the attempted fraud. For our part, we have been surprised at
the number of registrants who explicitly deny a transfer away when we ask
them to verify it.

Also, I would much rather deal with a customer complaint about transferring
their domain away successfully, than with one about a domain they lost
because of a fraudulent transfer. I have been there on both counts. You can
only hope that the gaining registrar is cooperative (again begging the
enforcement issue).

I do agree about registrar lock and we have started using that as well.

Interesting idea about an RRP Authcode. Also, since VeriSign is working on
moving to EPP do they intend to implement the Authcode with it? Perhaps we
should find out their plans in that regard, or their thoughts on the RRP
revisions to support it.

Tim