[registrars]

[registrars] WLS TF

Dear Ross,

The Executive Committee discussed the proposed decision of the Task
Force on WLS, set out below, at its Monday teleconference. The
Executive Committee, and the NC Reps present on the call, were
persuaded that the position worked out in the Task Force represented
the best compromise and set of conditions for the WLS that could be
arranged in the circumstances that the WLS moves forward.

While we do not believe that our constituency fully supports the
introduction of the WLS, we concur in your decision to approve this
set of conditions and we urge our Names Councillors to participate in
the decision of the Names Council this Wednesday to approve the Task
Force report as laid out below.

This concurrance in the Task Force report and your decision on it
supersedes any previous position taken by the Executive Committee
prior to our discussion of Monday afternoon EDT.

The Executive Committee urges all our Names Council reps to attend the
NC meeting and we believe that the conditions laid out below can be
approved by them as the best compromise available, given the division
of opinion in the Constituency.

We thank you for your work on this, Ross.

Sincerely

Rick Wesson, CTO, on behalf of the Executive Committee,
Registrars Constituency