[registrars]

RE: [registrars] WLS vote in Bucharest by Registrars

Hi Bruce...

--On Friday, July 12, 2002 12:17 PM +1000 Bruce Tonkin
<Bruce.Tonkin@melbourneit.com.au> wrote:

> I was not referring to a vote on WLS.  I was referring to a vote on the
> REPORT of the Transfers Taskforce within the DNSO, which was taken at the
> Bucharest meeting in Romania,
> 24 June 2002.  The report had a series of recommendations.

Well, therein lies a major problem.  As most of the smaller registrars lack
the resources to fly from one continent to another every three months, we
really can't have major and important actions proposed and voted at an
inperson meeting.  I am sure that the entire membership was not and could
npot have been made aware of this and given an opportunity to vote.

In fact, at the meeting in VA, Mike P. assured me that this type of thing
would not happen.

> Please note also that views have shifted progressively since the issue was
> first discussed, where WLS was originally being positioned as a solution
> to add storms following dumps of deleted names.  It was subsequently
> reposition by Verisign as a separate service, and the existing solution
> of using separate pools of connections will remain to manage add storms.

Well, I don't agree with you here. My conversations with interested parties
show the opposit.

Jim

Jim Archer, CEO
Registration Technologies, Inc.