[registrars]

RE: [registrars] WLS vote in Bucharest by Registrars

Jim,

Couple of clarifications for you and the rest of the constituency.

As the task force rep on this issue, I have drawn my guidance from the
earlier poll that the constituency undertook on this issue as well as by
synthesizing various member comments that have been made directly and
indirectly to me. The proposal has not changed sufficiently over the
last few months warrant a re-evaluation of the mandate that I received
from the constituency in VA.

The "vote" that was taken in Bucuresti was actually a straw poll
undertaken at the request of Bruce Tonkin in order that he and the other
Names Council representatives would be able to cast a vote on the
recommendations in the paper later that day during the Names Council
meeting. The original plan was also to conduct a straw poll via this
list in order that all members could be canvassed. It later turned out
that the NC would not be voting on the issue, so the straw poll became a
moot point altogether.

My impression was that the NC reps would be undertaking a poll on the
final report prior to the next NC meeting, but I haven't seen anything
thus far - I have also just got back from a two week vacation, so I may
have missed something (my email is a mess).

Along these lines, Ken Stubbs forwarded a draft for comments version of
the final report to the membership yesterday. As your task force rep, I
would like to solicit any and all comments that you may have concerning
the document. Please try and forward these to my no later than COB
Wednesday June 17 (EST) so that I can make an appropriate representation
to the TF.

If there are any questions in the meantime, please feel free to drop me
a note.

The final report for comments can be found here -
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20020714.TFtransfer-WLS-report.html

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow