[registrars]

[registrars] RE: Yet another trick from Re: Netsol again... <snip>

Ross,

I'd be pleased to look into this, however, I'll need some more concrete
information.

For example, what is the domain name in question (is it as stated in the
email "AHORITA.ORG")?
When did the domain get transferred?
What was the postmark on the envelope that we sent?
What was the date of the letter?
Can you please provide the full email, with header information?

Your call as to whether you provide this information on the list or
off-list.

Regarding the process we undergo on transfers and billing, though we have
better synchronized our billing and registration systems, there will always
be situations where there is an invoice that "crosses in the mail" for a
domain that has been transferred.  For example, if a domain is transferred
on 4/22, yet a billing invoice file was created on 4/15 and sent to a vendor
for processing, that (now former) customer will get an invoice, since when
the list of invoices was generated, they were still a customer.  It is not
cost-effective, with the volumes of processing that we do, to manually
process the invoice file at the time of mailing (either electronically or
via snail mail) to remove domains that have been transferred in the
intervening time between invoice list generation and the mailing.

Regards,

Bruce