[registrars]

[registrars] Re: FW: rejected domain (pailing.net)

At 11:22 AM 4/3/02 +0900, John Nigro wrote:
>Dear Shachou
>
>Register.com sent me following message.
>
>But our customer is not able to make this procedure
>because he is not good at understanding English.

Dear Registrars:  I brought this problem up in our meeting in Stockholm
last June.  Yet there is no solution.

Register.com has been Nacking our transfer requests.  It takes many notes
with the register.com staff to effect even *one* transfer.

At least we have a contact with NSI to minimize this problem.  We have
precious few transfers from Register.com but they are a tremendous burden:-(

Regards, BobC

>The reason of registrar change to PSI, this customer
>would like to have support in Japanese.
>
>Would you help me and our customer?
>
>Best Regards,
>Yuka Yanagida
>

>Dear Yanagida:
>
>Register.com requires authorization from the registrant to change the email
>address of a domain name's Administrative, Billing or Technical Contact. If
>the email address for these contacts is not functioning or you no longer
>have access to it, we can't allow a transfer of registrar to be completed.
>
>To change the email address online, please visit
>http://register.com/faq/email.cgi for further instructions.
>
>To change the email address by phone, please call:
>In the U.S. and Canada: 1-800-899-9704
>Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 (902) 749-2736
>
>Please note: To change the email address via phone, the customer must have
>access to the original phone number and credit card number on file with
>Register.com that was used during the domain name registration.  If they do
>not have access to this information, you must change your email address
>through the online process or use the Email Address Change Form.
>
>To change the email address by fax or mail, please visit
>http://www.register.com/faq/email_change_form.cgi to access the Email
>Address Change Form.  Once you have completed the form, you can fax it to:
>
>Toll free in the U.S. and Canada: (866) 285-5268
>Outside the U.S. and Canada: +1 (902) 749-5429
>
>Or mail it to:
>
>Register.com, Inc.
>575 8th Avenue, 11th Floor
>New York, NY 10018
>U.S.A.
>
>If the email address presently associated with these contacts is functional
>and Register.com is the registrar, changes to account information may be
>made through Domain Manager, located at: http://mydomain.register.com.
>
>Register.com takes the highest precautions to ensure the secure modification
>of your domain name information.  By initiating the request to modify your
>domain name information, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms and
>conditions of Register.com's email address modification agreement found at:
>http://www.register.com/faq/email.cgi
>
>Please let me know if you have any questions.
>
>John Nigro
>Implementation Manager, Customer Support
>Register.com, Inc.

Never underestimate the power of inertia;}