[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Re: FW: rejected domain (pailing.net)

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:34:20AM -0800, Robert F. Connelly took time to write:
> Dear Registrars:  I brought this problem up in our meeting in Stockholm
> last June.  Yet there is no solution.

This reminds me of an idea I had about transfers, which I never
shared nor develop. Maybe it is silly, but anyway here it is:

Why not do as for UDRPs, which is having an independant (hopes so)
organization handling cases ?

Basically this organization would make sure that the transfer is
authorized by the ``apparent authority''. It would be left to this
organization to see how to do that (emails, fax, phones, etc...)
This organization will just be able then to tell both Registrars if
everything is ok or not. Of course through automated ways (not
emails), like a live connection.

In the case brought, this organization could be smart enough to
contact users in their native language, or at least offer more than
just an English version.

In all cases, doing like that, even with many organizations (which
would have the same rules, as the arbitration centers have), will add
simplicity and homogeneity for transfers.

Regards,
Patrick Mevzek
Gandi.