[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Whois expiration dates

hi rob,

what we are talking about is a prevalent situation. let me describe it to
you -

1. a customer comes to directi asking for us to assist him with transferring
his domain name whic is expiring from say registrar A to us.

2. there are only 4 days left for expiry, and due to some delays or policies
the trafer does not happen so the domain expires wjith that registrar

3. the customer is still keen to transfer the domain to us, so he renews
this domain name with Registrar A, and then transfers it to us

4. when this happens the customer loses the renewal year with registrar A,
unless registrar A explicitly renews the domain at the time of the transfer
away request if recvd within 45 days

bhavin