[registrars]

[registrars] By Law Review

All

As discussed at the Dulles meeting, I undertook to provide the constituency with a soft copy of the documents which were distributed at the meeting and discussed, in brief, by the group.

Any changes are designed to improve the efficiency of the Constituency so that "process" doesn't impede "progress".

According to my notes (I don't have the minutes yet), we had agreed to:
  1. Open the discussion to the general list to build on the small taskforce's work (Rader, Broitman, Beckwith and Williams)
  2. Conduct a "public consultation" phase until after the Ghana meeting (to take account of any further suggestions and input from the broader constituency)
  3. Distribute a second draft 12 April (I've chosen this date at random)
  4. Receive final commentary prior to the Bucharest meeting (week of 24 June), sign off via a constituency vote at the Bucharest meeting, implement changes.
By the end of the week, I will have completed a consolidated document which takes into consideration all the commentary people have sent to me post Dulles.  It has become too complex to show a red line version within the one document so I've structured the new document with commentary sidebars indicating where changes or additions have been made.

I have kept the Executive Summary which provides commentary on why changes have been suggested.

I have incorporated the two new concepts of constituency rapporteur and new voting models within the document so they can be discussed as an integral part of the whole.

Feel free to contact me directly with your suggestions or put them on the list.

Liz

+61 2 6282 8518 tel
+61 2 6282 8519 fax
+61 414 26 9000 mob