[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Comments on Verisign Wait List proposal

Aren't we putting the cart before the horse.

I know that I, for one, would like to see the position paper from the
drafting team, prior to voting on support for the WLS.

Why the big rush ?  I thought Rick had a plan to publish and then hold a
vote, and to publish the results of that vote with the paper (with Yes votes
being signatories to the document).

Frankly, this seems like the prudent course of action.  My objection earlier
was not to voting, but rather to using the word "concensus" as opposed to "a
vote".  I think they can be two very different things.

Additionally, it is exactly this drafting process where more agreement can
be reached.  If we took a vote on everything before producing position
papers to vote on, I suspect we would not get anywhere close to a document
that many could live with.

I mean, whats next ?  A motion from Bruce to support the WLS, that we all
spend time discussing and voting on ?  Best to wait until the paper is
drafted and know the entire story before the vote.

Rob.