[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Constituency Position - .ORG

I do not think we are attempting to undermine the work of the Task Force
just making very clear that all ICANN Registrars want to continue to
participate in providing registration services in the .ORG TLD.

Elana originally sent me a draft of the proposal which was discussed during
the Executive Committee call on Monday. We didn't seem any harm in
reiterating this statement because of the importance to our members.
Although Section 2d of the proposal states that ICANN Accredited Registrars
should be able to continue to provide services for registrants, I believe
discussions by other constituencies/interest groups to alter the
sponsor/unsponsored nature of the proposal makes it important for the
registrars viewpoint not to be lost.

Ken did not object during our weekly call yesterday. The Executive Committee
has included all Names Council representatives in our weekly call to assist
in better coordination. Again I do not believe that this undermines the
original work of the original Task Force but just goes to address other
issues/proposals that may be taking place after the Task Force proposal was
released.

Ken can you provide any additional insight?

How do other registrars feel on this issue?

Mike