[registrars]

[registrars] RE: EPP Document Last Call Issue Summary

Everything significant was discussed on the list.

> The one below so significantly changes how registries and
> registrars have
> operated in the past I must disagree with this change until we have a
> much wider discussion of how the <info> command is to work.
>
> I believe that the vast majority of registrars requested the ability
> to view domains. This viewpoint was overwhelmingly expressed
> to VGRS at a
> Registry meeting before the November ICANN meetings.
>
> I feel that this change is not what the vast majority of registry and
> registrars asked for but supports a position of VGRS.

Rick,

I posted the compromise position implemented in the draft twice (once at
your specific request [1], [2]), and you didn't object to it until now.
Comments from other folks on the provreg list supported the change.  As-is,
what's in the draft now allows server operators (not just VeriSign) to set
their own policies -- I strongly believe that's the most reasonable
approach.

Plus, I conferred with the VeriSign folks who attended the meeting you
referred to.  Per them, the significant ask was to be able to see domain
details in the context of ransfers.  The updated document allows a client to
see full domain details in that context without exception.

-Scott-

[1]
http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2002-01/msg00063.html

[2]