From: owner-registrars@dnso.org [mailto:owner-registrars@dnso.org]On
Behalf Of Bhavin Turakhia
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 10:45 PM
To: Rick H Wesson; Registrars List
Cc: halloran@icann.org
Subject: RE: [registrars] OpenSource Whois Server Development Project

if we are going to get some action here i would like to contribute a
different project. a opensource whois parser. as it stands today majority
registrars have their own whois formats.

we have currently written a java livbrary which parses whois output of
various registrars and extracts from it the admin email address, tech email
address, or registrant name etc etc using regex rules that are separately
put down for each registrar.

currently offcourse we have made the rules ourselves. the idea would be to
allow each registrar to update their rules themselves. however most
registrars may not have the incentive to do so.

but it is still a higher chance for them to do it if it is opensourced.

Best Regards
Bhavin Turakhia
CEO
Directi