[registrars]

Re: [registrars] ICANN DNSO Budget & Its impact on the Registrar Constituancy

Ken/All,

It should also be noted that the motion carried - which means that the
request has been endorsed as a 2/3 consensus vote by the NC and passed on to
ICANN - which has the effect of not requiring minority views to be passed on
with the proposition. It does allow us to table our dissenting views for
inclusion in the record however...Ken, what are the chances that the ASO and
PSO are going to buy into/oppose this proposition? A bottom-up/self-funding
model seems to be intuitively more efficient than what was proposed today
but this would favor commercially oriented constituencies over others -
which can be double edged. As much as we are commercial interests, the
non-coms and individuals buy product from us in significant quantities.
Their weaknesses could turn into our weaknesses.

I was disappointed that our vote was, in effect, nullified by the voting
pattern of our reps. The tally by my count was 14-3 in favor, but with one
of our reps voting yes, one voting no and the other one not present, our
view was somewhat muted.

As BobC would say :(

-rwr