[registrars]

[registrars] Fw: Notice: Important Changes to Renewal Process

Bruce,

Two quick questions - I'm cc'ing this to the r'ar list because of the
impact that it has on all registrars.

1) I understand that it is NSI's current practice to put domain
registrations into "Not In Paid Status" when you issue an invoice. Can you
confirm that this will continue to be your policy with the new timelines
referred to below? If so, this will require our organization to modify our
transfer logic accordingly and I'd like to get started sooner than later. If
no, then can you let me know at what point domain names go into "NIPS"?

2) Can you explain what the relationship is between this announcement and
InterNIC? It was my distinct impression that Verisign stopped supporting the
InterNIC project a while back and that the USG was now the holder
of the trademark with ICANN as the sole licensee and operator of the
InterNIC website.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

-rwr