[registrars]

[registrars] Fw: [council] Final revisd report of the Review task force

fellow registrars

I just received this today and ...

Even though I was not the task force representative for the registrars, I felt it was important to pass this on to you all for review & comment.

As a representative for the registrars on the Names Council, I have expressed continuing concerns that this document, as written & originally presented,  allowed for too much "flexibility" for other constituencies to create a "scenario"  whereby WE registrars could have imposed on us a significant burden for ICANN activities in the future without proportional benefit to our constituency.

Of particular concern to me was the potential cost of "at-large" outreach which could easily go above $1-2 million dollars.  I did not want to see the burdens of programs like this "arbitrarily dumped" on our constituency..

I feel it is quite important that we "weigh in" additionally thru our current representative (Erica Roberts) as well as express our concern to the ICANN management & board and to the ICANN budget committee thru our constituency members Elena, Rob, & Bryan..

best regards

Ken Stubbs