[registrars]

[registrars] "Focused" Registrar work shops

fellow registrars...

It appears to me that we have the start of a good dialogue on developing an
approach for better updating & educating  constituency members as well as
dealing with issues which are universally relevant to Registrars.

I am really pleased that others see the need for making the time  we commit
to these registrar meetings as productive as possible.

If this be the case, then it follow that we might considering  starting  to
develop an stratified list  of workshop topics for the upcoming year (based
on registrar member input) . If we plan these workshops properly it might
also allow us the opportunity to consider inviting in outside speakers (when
we find the need for same) .

here is a "small" starter list

1. data protection & privacy issues as they relate to registrar operations
    a. (I.e. customer service & minimizing liability)
    b.. technical & operation impacts

2. Internationalized domains
   a. technical considerations

3. Whois issues and their impact
  a. current trends
  b. can we develop a uniform constituency  position on this issue
  c. potential impacts on registrars "thick vs thin" registry approach
  d. protecting our customers from future "whois" abuses

I am anxious to hears other members thoughts on this topic

best wishes

ken stubbs