[registrars]

Re: [registrars] New REGISTRY Constituency Chair

fellow registrars...

mike is right "on target" here..

with the potential re-structuring of ICANN on the horizon it will be
essential that Registrars work closely with the other "provider"
constituencies (like Registries)  to insure that we as providers &
facilitators do not get "marginalized" out of the process..

it is to our best interest to insure that we registrars, who bear a VERY
SIGNIFICANT burden of the
ICANN budget be given the Optimum opportunity to provide future input. Our
best source for this will be a broader board representation and we need to
be prepared to co-operate with the other "providers" to insure that we
registrars get our fair share.

if we aren't willing to do so the we stand the risk in the future on someone
else imposing financial burdens and making policy decisions which may have
significant impacts on us without our input . we cannot be taken for granted
in this process and treated as "Vendors" we need a strong "unified" position
& voice in this re-structuring process.

regards

ken stubbs