[registrars]

RE: [registrars] Draft Registrant Complaint Form regarding XFERS

a litle late

i too believe this should be an online form on our website.

to address genuiness concerns - corresponding registrar could attach to the
form data emails from hostmaster@verisign-grs with respect to denial of
transfer and transfer request and acknowledgement of authoritative contact
on the part of the gaining registrar to the same set of data, so that
atleast the process of what happened is well documented.

i believed this was an effort to collect consumer reports, i see only two
reasons for having false data -

1. the consumer himself goes and fills in the form wrongly on purpose
2. the registrar purposely loads the database to swing something in his
favour or try make a point about his stand with the XFER issue

neither of the above however can happen because -

1. each XFER complaint has 3 parties - Registrant, Losing Registrar and
Gaining Registrar. If any of them lies about the data the other two parties
can immediately point this out in a review.  I doubt any Registrar here
would intentionally take this kind of a risk

2. Consumers dont really have time to fill out lengthy forms for no reason
at all

bhavin