[registrars]

Re: [registrars] XFER Update

Rick,

> Are wholly owned subsidaries allowed to vote as their own entity? I ask
> this because VGRS had at least three (3) votes on this topic, and they
> were the only to disapprove.

There's nothing in the by-laws, articles or contracts that say otherwise -
unfortunately.

> If this ok now, we should reconsider how votes are counted and how we
> allow entities membership in the constituency.

That's a good start.

> Fundimentally I don't think that any registrar should have more than one
> vote on topics like this and we have the registrar with the largest market
> share with 3 votes, when every other company has just one.
>
> Is it reasonable to request a consolidation of memberships as registrars
> purchase eachother?

It also means three times the resource allocation at the registry level as
well. 3x anything accreditation related (for instance, 6 tickets to the
upcoming Afilias promo ;).

Not only do I think that your suggestion is reasonable, but I would view it
as mandatory if we are going to keep things on an even keel going forward.

The alternative is that Tucows (and other registrars presumably) is going to
have to go out and spend the extra $$ to get two more fresh accreditations
from ICANN to ensure that we are on an even keel with Verisign/Network
Solutions. This certainly isn't the most elegant answer, but unless we can
effectively deal with the inequity that this creates via policy, then we
will have to address it practically.

New MdR topic?

-rwr