[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Transfer Process Points

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

> BTW I dont know if I am missing something here but there is one thing I
> could not find in the document which is VERY VERY important - and that is
> the policy of transferring domain names during the 45 day auto-renew period.
> Right now as I know it bulkregister, networksolutions and register.com do
> not allow trfer of domain names after the expiry during the auto-renew
> period. However the true spirit of the auto-renew is actually meant to allow
> the customer to renew the domain name with the registrar of his choice
> within that period. Infact the verisign document clearly states that a
> refund would be made to the losing registrar if a domain name is trferred
> during the auto-renew period.
>
> this particular issue also causes a lot of transfer coincerns. Since most
> customers do not wake up about the trf process immediately. Then at the last
> moment if only about 4-5 days are left for the expiry it is not possible to
> do the trfer.

Would like to add to the previous post
that I made:
There is enough time if 4 - 5 days are left to do a transfer.
We approve transfers if we receive them up until
the day of expiration (and in some cases the day after)
I would also like to add for the record that we
don't hold domains hostage for our $30 fee. We normally
would offer any registrant a fee comparable
to another registrar (to keep the customer happy)
at the point the transfer is denied after the expiration date.

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com

> I dont know what the TUCOWS policy is on this since I have not trefrred any
> domains after expiry from TUCOWS yet
>
> bhavin

Larry Erlich - DomainRegistry.com, Inc.
215-244-6700 - FAX:215-244-6605 - Reply: erlich@DomainRegistry.com