[registrars]

[registrars] Delete Issue

Hello All:

The Executive Committee has placed Rick Wesson the Registrar CTO as the
point person to handle the delete issue. He has been involved with this
particular subject matter since prior to the Montevideo meeting and has been
involved in subsequent negotiations since Montevideo with various interested
parties. In fact just today he was on the phone with VeriSign registry,
SnapNames and a number of registrars on this very issue.

I appreciate Rob Hall's taking the lead in Montevideo, however, in light of
his company being a SnapNames' partner I believe it would be best to have a
neutral registrar chair this topic. In light of some of the problems that
Jordyn has been having with the mailing list, I believe that Rick could host
this listserv much like he does the one for the executive committee. The
fact that a number of people did not know about this group or have been
having problems joining it is a bit of a concern. If you and Jordyn could
work with Rick in transitioning your efforts to date, the registrar
constituency would greatly appreciate it.

Best regards,

Mike