[registrars]

Re: [registrars] FW: UK reg balls up!

incredible. Simply incredible.

Good planning, Afilias. What's next?  An auction site for the names you reserved for yourself?

At 10:28 AM 9/7/01 +0530, Bhavin Turakhia wrote:
I had not entered any trademark info, never mind any false info as I was never asked for any. I have checked all of my "TM" dates and they are either 1899 or 2040, half of the stuff I registered were hardly common phrases in the late 19th century and I think the 2040 date is self explanatory. So I have looked at other domains regd at the same registrar and you wouldn't believe it, yep, you guessed it, 1899 and 2040, very perculiar don't you agree?

I am in full agreement of the DOMEBASE proposal and have contacted Afilias, explained my situation and asked for my registrations to be cancelled. They said they could not, but maybe one possible way to release the names would be to challenge myself... Doh!!!, why didn't I think of that? Over 100 domains at $295 a pop, not bloody likely, so now I face having to lose all the names I have planned for the past year, to somebody who has no TM right to the domain either, all this because they did not program a back door into the registry program to unlock domains in circumstances such as these