[registrars]

Re: [registrars] I work for you.

At 08:56 PM 8/15/01 -0700, Rick H Wesson wrote:
>I am currently tracking the following issues:
>
>   o Afilias (.info) Fraudulent Sunrise Registrations

Dear Rick:

Let me write to this specific issue.

It is apparent that part of the trouble has come from Afilias Accredited
Registrars themselves.  The dust has not settled on just which registrars
were responsible to the bulk of the fraudulent/bogus registrations but in
at least one case, the registrar himself, in his own name as *registrant*,
registered several generic domains with fictitious US Trademark
registration numbers.

I think this kind of scam by an Accreted registrar is reprehensible.  I
think his Afilias accredition should be withdrawn.

I think it even shows a *lack_of_ethics* sufficient that his ICANN
accredition should also be withdrawn.  With that kind of rotten apple in
our barrel, it reflects badly upon all of us.

Regards, BobC

"There's small choice between rotten applies!"
U.B. Bray