[registrars]

[registrars] FW: BOUNCE registrars@dnso.org: Non-member submission from [rick@ar.com]

This was a message that Rick Wesson attempted to post, but because it was
from an unauthorized email account it was bounced.

Mike

RICK'S EMAIL

Ivan,

The new protocol is called EPP and there is a standardization effort in the
IETF. RRP (the Verisign version) was never standardized. see
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/provreg-charter.html

If you haven't figured it out registrars now have a technical challenge to
meet in managing a single interface to many registries over many
protocols.

I hope our collective experience with the current roll out will be fed back
into the ICANN process for selecting additional gTLDs, so that in the
future we can have it a little easier.

-rick

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ivan Vachovsky wrote:

> Fellow Registrars,
>

> 1. We are developing the RRP client for the new gTLD .info. Our developers
> are reporting that we are going to send ALL customer details to the
> Registry.
>
> I remember that the prevailing opinion in Marina Del Ray meetings last
Fall