[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Payment Instructions

At 10:06 AM 7/2/01 -0400, Michael D. Palage wrote:
>I just received an email from Diane at ICANN regarding payment of the
>registrar constituency fees. As mentioned wire transfers, money orders or
>checks on American banks are the preferred method of payment.

Dear Michael:  That's a perpetual problem.  I was the Secretary of the
Scottish Rite for 20 years here in Tokyo.  We received $12 checks from
members in Singapore, even Canada, which cost $25-$35 to collect.

However, it is a typical U.S. Centric approach to throw the burden on the
customer, for we are, indeed, *customers* of ICANN.

Regards, BobC