[registrars]

[registrars] Deceased registrant.

Dear Colleagues:

Have any of you death with the problems of the death of a registrant?

We're checking with our attorney.  Probate is very rate in Japan, the
family takes care of the estate as long as it does not exceed some
value.  The tax used to cut in at 60,000,000 yen.

We are tempted to accept the family "Koseki" (Family Register) with the
name of the deceased crossed out.  That's the way the city or ward office
indicates that the family member has departed.

Regards, BobC