[registrars]

[registrars] Closing Nomination Period

Rob,

Maximizing participation has always been the principle that I followed
during the past two years. Speaking as a lawyer, given the original
notification I provided in Stockholm and when the nomination process
started, there was more than adequate notice to close the nomination process
after the original date on Saturday. However, considering that only one
position had competition (multiple candidates), I thought that it would
useful to remind and encourage participation from other registrars.

With regard to closing the nomination period and disenfranchising people
that want serve the constituency, I believe that this is best a discussion
left to the list to resolve. As I mentioned in my previously email, I have
personal matters that must be handled over the next couple of days. I
personally see no problems with extending the nomination process while
resolving billing discrepancies with ICANN based upon the last minute influx
of nominations as stated in my previously email

Mike

P.S. I will likely only be checking email once or twice daily over the next
couple of days.