[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Tucows Position On Transfer Policies

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

> Now if the abv process is defined the number of loopholes is far lesser than
> stating it simply as "express approval" which leaves much room for
> concern.... to the extent that someone on the list mentioned that if as a
> registrar i know my customer i may treat a phone call as an express
> approval. THAT IS PRECISELY WHAT I AM SCARED OF. What then prevents a
> registrar/registrant from using that as an excuse/abuse.

Bhavin,

That was my example.

I think you can start being scared
at the point that a registrar uses that "excuse" on
multiple occasions to the point where you become suspicious
that there is an abuse.

At that point, there is nothing to prevent you from
following up with the customer(s) and seeing
if they really have given their approval
of a transfer. If they have not, you would be
able to forward your complaint to ICANN.

You could do this no matter what form of approval
the registrar said they accepted. The only difference
is that if the registrar had accepted verbal
approval, they would have a hard time proving
their case, and you would have an easy time
proving your case (When the customer said they
did not agree that is.)

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com
Larry Erlich - DomainRegistry.com, Inc.