[registrars]

RE: [registrars] telecon

Mike,

I disagree.

While I think that in general I agree with your points about accommodation,
in this case, I do not think it wise to proceed without Elana or
Register.com (or any other registrar that is attending INET or traveling)
being there.  I know that in response to my earlier posting, I received 2
out of office notices from other registrars that aren't back until next
week.  We are talking about delaying by 1 business day.  If they had asked
to delay for weeks, that would be different.  I do not believe their intent
is to push this meeting off, but rather to participate in it.

Following the complaints about being blindsided at the registrars
constituency meeting, I am sensitive to the perception that it may be
happening again.

As this matter clearly involves Register.com as one of the principal
registrars involved, I think it only fair that the rest of group be able to
hear their side as opposed to only being presented with one side of the
argument.

In this case, I think holding the meeting Monday will be more productive
and certainly more conducive to working together towards a solution that we
all can live with.

I think that making this small accommodation will go along way in healing
some of the wounds created at the last meeting.  The only way we can solve
this is to work together.  Any actions that would further entrench the two
sides will only make any possible consensus resolution take longer,
something none of us want.

In closing, I think the request for a Monday meeting should be granted, and
views heard from all sides.  We need to move forward in a positive
way.  The fact that Register.com is anxious to be involved in the
discussions and on the call is a good sign and a small step to moving
forwards progressively.

Rob.