RE: [registrars] telecon
As I stated earlier to Elana, this is primarily for the benefit of those
smaller registrars that do not have travel budgets and which were not in
Stockholm. I understand that you share some concerns raised by Elana on
this issue, but I respectfully must move forward unless there is significant
push back from other registrars in the constituency.
Recently some people have raised constructive comments about my plate
overflowing and that it is difficult to get everything done. Respectfully,
the problems arise when certain registrars ask for special treatment. Case
in point. I wasted three hours of my time attempting to reschedule the
Registrar meeting last week to the afternoon. This involved interfacing with
ICANN, the local event planners, etc.
The registrar constituency spoke in Stockholm and the message was move
forward now not latter. This message has been reinforced by numerous emails
that I have received this week. Therefore, I will respectfully keep the
teleconference scheduled for Friday. The exact time will be set within the
Thanks again for your comments but I believe the totality of the
circumstance argue in favor of moving forward.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]On
> Behalf Of Rob Hall
> Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 11:01 AM
> To: Ross Wm. Rader; Registrars@Dnso.Org
> Subject: Re: [registrars] telecon
> Ross et al,
> Given that the INET conference is still on in Stockholm, and that many
> people may still be there or traveling back from it, does it not
> make sense
> to have the telethon on Monday ?
> I realize that there is some sensitivity to the urgency of this, but I
> think we will be more productive with the registrars directly involved
> being able to attend the telecon.
> At 06:48 AM 6/7/2001 -0400, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
> > >> Elana:
> > >>could we please switch to Monday, June 11th. I am travelling
> on Friday and
> >it would be difficult to joint telecon. Given that we have been heavilly
> >involved, I'd >>really appreciate being able to join. Thank you.
> >For the official record I would like to note that the adoption of this
> >stance by various registrars is costing our organization thousands of
> >dollars *per day*, inconveniencing thousands of registrants and
> placing an
> >undue and unnecessary burden on the technical systems of our
> registrar and
> >the registry. Further delay in resolving this issue only compounds the
> >problem and advantages those that have chosen to work outside of
> >conduct and accepted process.
> >Tucows Inc.
> >t. 416.538.5492
> Rob Hall voice (613) 768-5100
> President fax (613) 820-0777
> Momentous.ca Corp.
> firstname.lastname@example.org www.momentous.ca