[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Tucows Registrar Contacts

Hi,

this is great idea you have there.
In our local registry for .de, there is a registrar's only whois (more exactly finger) server
where we can query other registrar's contact information for such purposes.

As it might be complicated to implement such a solution here
since we are lacking the IP access lists from every registrar (Verisign Registry could do it,
but...), a password protect web site would be fine.
It would be even better if every registrar had an additional separate password
to maintain his own contact information.

Scott, if you are willing to set this up,
here is Schlund+Partner's contact info:

compliance@schlund.de
Tel: +49 721 91374-50
Fax: +49 721 91374-215
(8am - 8pm Germany Time)

Btw, does anyone know the reason why Verisign is not including the registrar's fax number
in the whois information (phone and email is in it)?

Eric

On 2001/05/14, Scott Allan wrote:
> At 11:45 AM 5/13/01 -0400, Larry Erlich wrote:
>
> >The problem that I see is making SOME of this information
> >public. After all, if a registrar wants that information
> >public they might as well post it on their website and let
> >anybody go for it if they have problems. Enhancing
> >the registry whois has this drawback. In any case this is
> >probably a larger problem for  smaller registrars that have
> >fewer people wearing many hats.
> >
> >I was under the impression that the original Opensrs post was
> >directed at registrars giving them information
> >for people that registrars could contact as opposed
> >to anyone. With this in mind it would be good if
> >Opensrs wanted to setup a database accessible only
> >by registrars.
>
> I think there should be a registrars only site for this information -
> certainly another factor in my motivation. I you agree this would be
> useful, drop me a note with your contact details and I will set something up.
>
> Regards,
>
> sA
> Scott Allan
> Director OpenSRS
> sallan@opensrs.org

Best regards,

Eric

--
Eric Schaetzlein		Schlund + Partner AG	Tel:  +49 721 91374 50
Leiter Domain Services		Erbprinzenstr. 4-12	Fax:  +49 721 91374 20