[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Verisign offers Briefing on their draft Agreement

Paul M. Kane wrote:

> In light of the upcoming tel conf (which due to travel I may not be able
> to attend) the NC reps received an email from Miriam Sapiro asking if it
> would be helpful to have a briefing on the Verisgn deal... (see below).
> If you would welcome a briefing (the one in Melbourne was very helpful)
> then please ask Mike Palage to contact Miriam

The briefing in Melbourne (phone conference) was
the same information that was already posted on the ICANN website.
It didn't deal with the impact on the registrars.

"new" briefing, I sent the following email to
Roger Cochetti of Verisign

-- As you know I am against your proposal. My question
-- is as follows: Can you give me any reasons why this
-- is good for a registrar such as DomainRegistry.com?
-- I have heard the pros of why this is good for
-- ICANN, Verisign, and some of the larger
-- registrars. And I've heard about the uncertainly
-- of the future of YOUR employees as a result of a
-- new buyer wanting only to retain the Registrar
-- customer list. But nothing about the effect on the
-- registrars who based their business plans on the old agreement
-- and whose viability is important to maintain
-- competition. OR THEIR EMPLOYEES.
--
-- Let me know if there is something
-- here that I am missing about the new

I never received a response from Roger. The email
was sent on Tuesday March 13th.

Miriam, would you like to answer my question?

Larry Erlich

http://www.DomainRegistry.com