From: Richard Lindsay <richard@interq.ad.jp>
To: <mpalage@infonetworks.com>
Cc: Registrars List <Registrars@dnso.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 07, 2000 3:32 AM
Subject: Re: [registrars] Position Paper??

I agree with Mike that it would be difficult for us to appear
non-interested parties, since most of the active members, and
all NC reps are involved with one proposal or another.

I think we might get better public support to acknowledge
that the Registrar constituency, as interested parties that will likely
have much to loose or gain, will not comment on specific proposals,
other than to state very briefly that we support the introduction
of new TLD's with some basic premises.

The individual points Mike has identified are fine, with the
exception of:

> ・Registrars favor use of existing RRP protocol for shared registries.

since many proposals do not use the exact same protocol.  It may
be reworded to say:

Registrars favor use of a Registry Registrar Protocol that will
ensure fair access for all Registrars, and encourage that a
protocol be submitted to the IETF such that an open source
solution will be available to all registries.

Or something like that.  I think we can actually do without
the point if there is any dissent.

Richard

--
_/_/_/interQ Incorporated