[registrars]

[registrars] Registrar Agenda - Budget

Hello everyone,

The list has been quiet as of late, but with the ICANN Regional meetings
fast approaching there is much that needs to be accomplished. I have worked
with some registrars this week to draft the following agenda for the
meeting:

The meeting is currently scheduled for afternoon of Monday November 13 at
the Marina Beach Marriott - Malibu Room from 1:30 - 5:00.

1:30 - 1:45 	Roll-call and introduction

1:45 - 2:00		Adoption of agenda items for meetings

2:00 - 2:15		Discuss proposed budget (see below)

2:15 - 2:30		Discuss formalizing previous By-Law amendments

2:30 - 2:45		Discuss lapsed Service Level Agreement - I will ask for a
Verisign registry representative to attend.

2:45 - 3:00		Update on Code of Conduct by Richard Lindsey (no formal
discussion, any substantive discussion will take place after the general
meeting, similar to	Yokohama)

3:00 - 3:30		New Directors Invite - I am contemplating offering an
invitation to the newly elected ICANN directors (DNSO, PSO, ASO & At Large)
to attend our meeting.

3:30 - 4:00		Presentation on Multilingual Domain Names - I have spoke with
i-DNS representatives and I am trying to get in contact with other vendors

4:00 - 5:00		Invite to new registry applicants. I thought this Q&A session
would be good to meet potential partners and see first hand how people are
seeking to grow to name space.

Proposed Budget.

I was asked to prepare a bare bones minimum budget to fund operation of the
constituency. Listed below are my projects. I am open for suggestions, but
based upon the $750US fee agreed upon in Yokohama this is what we can
reasonably expect to fund.

$19,000US for ICANN Names Counsel fees (non-negotiable)
$5,000US for teleconference for the constituency at large and for task force
groups
Total: $24,000US

Based on the following 32 registrars that have paid the initial $250US dues
for last years Names Counsel fees we should raise $24,000US.

The following registrars have paid the initial $250US fee. There is still a
6 month outstanding wire transfer problem involving Virtual Internet's fee
that is still trying to resolve by all parties. Pending resolution of this
matter, Virtual Internet is still in good standings according to my records.
Domain People is also in good standing pending payment of an initial fee
that was lost. Any other accounting problems please notify me via e-mail or
phone at +1 (561) 744-6453.

3/7/00	 Resch Inst-Computer-Sakura Bank
3/17/00	 Names Today/Bulk Register
3/31/00	 CORE/Stubbs