[registrars]

Re: [registrars] Agenda...

At 18:30 07-07-2000 +0200, Collignon Francois wrote:
>4. Auction of domain names

Dear Paul and Francois:

Let's make a special case of auctioning.  A customer asked us whether a
registrar could auction off a domain it got "stuck" with because of a
chargeback or other failure to be able to receive the funds from the
registrant.

I said I thought it was OK.  However, one of our PSI staff countered,
"Could they auction a particularly attractive domain for a lot of
moola?"  The question was in the context of auctioning a domain which might
subsequently become the subject of a UDRP.

My thinking was could the registrar recover some of his loss by a distress
sale at "bargain basement" prices?

I think this is also an issue for the CoC WG.

Regards, BobC