[nc-whois]

RE: [nc-whois] Addendum to WHOIS TF Report in front of GNSO Council

  • To: "Ruchika Agrawal" <agrawal@epic.org>, "NC-WHOIS (E-mail)" <nc-whois@dnso.org>
  • Subject: RE: [nc-whois] Addendum to WHOIS TF Report in front of GNSO Council
  • From: "Cade,Marilyn S - LGCRP" <mcade@att.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 00:14:05 -0500
  • Sender: owner-nc-whois@dnso.org

Ruchika,
there is an implementation report to the TF, which we incorporated. We need to be sure that we respect the work of the
Implementation Committee on our report.  So, I am assuming you have something broader in mind? It would be helpful to be very clear: Are you seeking individual registrar views on other, broader issues of privacy?
Or a registrar constituency contribution which is a consensus position from the constituency? Or are you recommending that the Task Force request such a position/briefing?  Depending on what you are recommending, a thought: If similar work is needed on the Issues Reports, the Council can be asked by the TF to launch such work efforts.

Beyond that and not be held up by any other discussions,  of more time significant, you have a contribution pending to the TF.  AND it is an important component of the TF work.  [Just a suggestion:  you could also include that recommendation in your contribution to the Issues Report.]

On Tuesday, we could discuss as a TF, the feasibility of having another discussion with registrars and registries, or whether that needs to be undertaken after Council receives the Issues Reports. Both options can be considered by the TF, but time pressures need to be reflected in the TF's work.

All TF members need to formulate any suggestions in a way which takes into account the full set of work initiatives the TF has yet to complete, given our limitations of time, before Rio.

Ruchika: For scheduling purposes, though, we will provide time for your report on Tuesday, after Patrik's discussion, which we are allowing 45 minutes for.

Separately, I've also emailed Steve to ask for a similar report, following Ruchika's report.

both are essential, given our timelines.

Marilyn